The Club has established the following Member and Guest disciplinary framework for infractions of this Agreement and/or Club rules and policies.
Level III Incident – Extremely Serious
- Refusing to follow instructions given by a Range Officer, a Range Manager, or a Club Director.
- Discharging a Firearm which leads to the injury of self or others.
- Discharging a Firearm so the projectile leaves a Range.
- Loading or discharging a Firearm during a Cease Fire or while someone is beyond the firing line at the Range.
- Pointing a loaded Firearm at self or another person.
- Intentionally pointing an unloaded Firearm at self or another person.
- Loading or discharging a Firearm when not on a Range firing line or shooting station.
- Crossing the firing line without the Range being in a Cease Fire condition.
- Allowing Guests or Junior members to handle and/or discharge a firearm without the direct and immediate supervision of an adult Member.
- Intentional damage or destruction of Club property.
- Consuming or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol on Club Ranges.
- Sharing a Membership Card with another person.
Immediate suspension of Membership and/or Guest privileges. The incident will be investigated by the Range Manager and an incident report submitted to the Club President who can authorize a temporary suspension of membership up to thirty (30) days. If a longer suspension or permanent ban is recommended by the Club President, the incident will be reviewed and voted on by the Board of Directors. A written reprimand will be given to the Member or Guest and the incident report kept on file. Details of a Level III safety violation may also be reported to the RCMP and/or the Chief Firearms Officer.
Level II Incident – Serious
- Using Ranges without the appropriate Range certification from the Club.
- Discharging Firearms not approved for the Range on which it is discharged.
- Using ammunition not approved for the Range on which it is used.
- Unintentional pointing of an unloaded Firearm at self or others.
- Unintentional discharge of a Firearm where the projectile damages Club property.
- Members on Range without registering presence at a secure access point(s).
- Guests on Club Ranges without the appropriate Guest Pass.
- Observer type Guests handling or discharging a Firearm.
- Not appointing an acting Range Officer when one or more persons are on a Range.
- Discharging a Firearm at a target unapproved for the Range.
- Discharging a Firearm without maintaining aimed and accurate (on target) fire.
- Using a holster on unapproved Ranges and/or without Club approved certification.
- Using a Range after scheduled operating hours.
- Violation of Club's Code of Conduct.
Immediate suspension of Membership or Guest privileges for 72 hours. Incident investigated by the Range Manager, an incident report created, and report given to the Club President. Written or verbal warning given to the Member and/or Guest and the incident report kept on file. May be escalated to Level III Incident at the discretion of the Club President.
Level I Incident – Important
- Failure to wear ear and eye protection when a Range is in a Live or Commence Fire condition.
- Placing a finger inside the trigger guard while the Firearm is not pointing at a target and ready to fire.
- Crossing the safety line (except to retrieve targets) during a Cease Fire condition on a Range.
- Failure to put an uncased Firearm in a safe condition (no ammunition, no removable magazines, action open, pointing downrange) when placed on a shooting bench.
- Cross shooting at targets on a range.
- Arriving at or leaving a firing line with an unsecured (i.e. unlocked or uncased) Firearm.
- Failure to raise or lower Range flag to indicate the presence of Firearms on a Range.
- Observer type Guests crossing the Range safety line.
- Members on Range without displaying Membership Card.
- Shooting non-target areas of the target board. This includes all vertical and horizontal target frame areas.
Coaching of Member or Guest. May be escalated to Level II Incident at discretion of the Range Officer, Range Manager, or Club Director.