From Fabien Bruel, Director of Shotgun Sports:
I hope that you are all well and that, like myself, are looking forward to the nice Okanagan Spring/Summer season!
This message is to inform everyone of shotgun sports procedures with the latest rule changes for outdoor sports.
1. We are now allowed up to 10 people per trap field including 1 RO per field, as there is to be no mixing between groups. This means that we need one sign-in/out table per side where a designated sign-in/out person will be assigned at the beginning of every shoot whose responsibility will be to write everybody's name and member number. This person does not necessarily have to be an RO. Each side is to have its own gun rack.
2. Max two people at a time in the Clubhouse, for bathroom purposes only. Mask required.
3. No shotgun rentals or first time shooter/close proximity coaching available. Guest shooters are still permitted as long as they know what they're doing and follow all other club rules with regards to guest shooters.
4. Bring your own chair, hand sanitizer, pen to mark off shooting cards and whatever else you think you need:)
5. Please send Jim Inglis and myself an email to indicate if you are interested and available for trap shooting or 5 stand on fair weather days between now and May 1st. Your name will be put on a list and ROs will use that list to organize shoots.
6. There will be no regularly scheduled shooting times as we have a very limited number of ROs. The scheduling will all be done by email. ROs will send out an email to the people that are interested indicating when they are available and the first 9 people to reply to that RO will be committed to shooting at that time and date. ROs are to confirm their organized shoots with their shooting groups as well as with the rest of the ROs to ensure that there is no double booking! ROs will mention the activity as well (5 stand or trap). It is important to show up on time and help with the set up and take down of the range. We are not restricted to Wednesdays or Saturdays. As long as we respect the general shooting hours of the club, we can shoot any day!
I hope that my explanation was clear enough but if you have questions or concerns, please shoot me an email or call me at 204 441 4996.
Thank you and have a great day!