All Members are issued a KDFGC Membership Card. These cards are used to identify Members and electronically register their access on Club Ranges. Membership Cards include information about: Member Photo; Member Name; Member Number; Membership Type; Range Authorizations; RFID/Access Number.
- All Members must use their Membership Card to individually register their ingress and egress from Club property and secured Ranges. This includes all members, even if they arrive in the same vehicle. Each and every member must swipe on and off the range property.
- Members whom do not register their entry onto Club Property are in violation of the KDFGC Disciplinary Policy, and are subject to suspension, reprimand and potential loss of membership. Do not tailgate another vehicle through the gate.
- Members must always display their Membership Card on their person while on Club Ranges. For safety, Membership Cards can be temporarily stowed on your person if it interferes with the safe operation of your equipment.
- All Membership Cards are RFID enabled and secure access points use a RFID reader to record the Member’s access card number and the time and date of their ingress and egress. As required by Federal regulation, this information is saved for six years or longer for reporting purposes.
- Access information is used for Club administration purposes but, per Section 15 of the Shooting Ranges Regulations, may also be requested by a Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) to validate member participation in target practice or shooting competitions so as to verify a Member’s use of restricted firearms within the previous five years.
- Range authorizations (i.e. an authorization to use a particular Range without supervision) is indicated by coloured decals on the front of the Membership Card.
- Members must not share or loan their Membership Cards.
- Lost or stolen Membership Cards must be reported to the Club Office immediately.
- New and replacement Membership Cards are available at the Club Office along with KDFGC lanyards.